While those of us just linking up now are beyond late to the party (hey, many of us didn’t have kids ten years ago- it was easier to keep up!), we’re still joining in the fun of the Old School Blogging Meme. So when I was tagged by Nicole and then Shell, I figured I better hop to it! Such a fun and easy way to get to know fellow bloggers.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Roaming the streets of Atlanta. Though not in a homeless way, more of the college student way, typically with a Starbucks cup in hand. I ditched a major and ended up confused about where I wanted to go next. But I did get to do it in a city that I loved.
What 5 things are on your to do list?
5 things? Can I even tell you that the day I get my to-do list down to five things will be a happy day indeed. I’ll pick the top 5:
- Get organized for Blissdom. Since it’s in 2 days and all.
- Close on our house. First the one we’re selling, then the one we’re buying. (Almost there..)
- Sign the kids up for swimming lessons. Even though my oldest can swim, we just bought a house with a pool. So while we’re installing a safety fence before we even move in, extra steps of safety people.
- Get all the laundry done. For eternity if I could. But I’ll settle for the week.
- Become two weeks ahead with my blog. Hey, if I’m going to dream, I’ll dream big. It’s a goal to be that far ahead, and I’d love to do it this week!
What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Here’s another one that I could go long beyond five.
- Cheese. Havartie, Brie, Camembert, Monterey Jack… I love me some cheese.
- Fruit. Grapes, strawberries, apples, raspberries, blackberries, wine.. (hey it counts)
- Popcorn. Oh how I love popcorn. Bonus poins if it’s from the movie theater.
- Chips. The salty goodness. The empty calories. The oh-so-bad-for-you deliciousness of some good ol’ potato chips.
- Soft pretzel bites. And it has to be served with cream cheese.
Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
Oh the possibilities… The first thing would be giving some to family, and then supporting breast cancer and children’s healthcare charities. On the personal note, pay off student loans and kick my teeth disaster fixing into high gear. (side story- I had finally had my wisdom teeth removed, only to have my teeth shift out of place. After the trauma of childhood braces, I now have a gap in my teeth. Again. SIGH. Of course, I also have a 4 month old baby so dentist visits are tough.) And if I’m a really big millionaire, buy an island or a country or something.
Name some places you have lived.
Here’s another list that could get long! Let’s see.. Atlanta Georgia, Salt Lake City Utah, Panama City Florida, Hampton Roads Virginia, Anchorage, Alaska, and currently, the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas.
Name some bad habits you have.
I laugh at the end of sentences. I have very little patience. I overuse the word seriously. Seriously.
Name some jobs you have had.
Blogger. Social Media Associate. Social Media coordinator. Office Manager. Coordinator of Chaos.