Once upon a time, cooking was a leisurely task I could attend to when the mood struck. Which, often times, it did not. Now, however, there is no leisurely about ANYTHING, especially since adding a baby to the mix!
Since he was born in October, I have been on a mission for quick and easy dinners to feed my family that are still enjoyable for everyone. Between my husband, my seven year old, and four year old, that can be quite the task- especially with a three month old who gives me a limited time frame!
Luckily, I have had some success. One of my family’s favorites is this super-simple chicken and stuffing bake, perfect for chilly nights. Bonus? It gets thrown in the oven with minimal effort, leaving my hands free to snuggle the baby. Love.It.
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- Seasonings (such as Mrs. Dash) to taste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 3 cups stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; for added flavor boost, use chicken broth in stead of water.
- Place onions & celery in baking dish; top with seasoned chicken breasts.
- Top with minced garlic. Combine soup & milk in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing on top of dish; cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with steamed asparagus topped with lemon pepper for a family-pleasing meal!
What are some of your favorite go-to recipes?